Are you looking for a great double breast pump to express milk quickly? Then you’ve come to the right place. Using a double breast pump can be a lifesaver for tackling breastfeeding challenges head on.
Advantages of a double breast pump include:
- Twice the milk
- Half the pumping time
- Suitable for twins or multiple babies
- Increases low milk supply
- Maintains milk supply when baby can’t breastfeed
- Exclusive Pumping
With a huge range of electric breast pumps available, finding the best one for you can be confusing. We’ve done all the hard work for you and researched the best double pumps available. Check out what we found.
5 Best Double Electric Breast Pump Reviews
1. ARDO Calypso Double Plus
The ARDO Calypso Double Plus is quickly becoming the bestselling breast pump in the UK, just behind the Medela Swing. As winner of a Mumsnet Best award 2015, it boasts impressive features at a great price. This pump is a hygienic closed system made to WHO compliant standards. We love that it comes with a variety of breast shield sizes so you can choose the one most comfortable for you, at no extra expense. If you’re on a tight budget for a double pump, it doesn’t get much better than the Ardo for cost versus performance.
- Closed system makes it really hygienic for you and baby to use as no trapped milk in the motor
- Very quiet
- 64 combinations of adjustable suction 22-250 mmHg and 30-60 cycles/minute
- Lightweight and portable
- 3 Breast shield sizes (26mm, 28mm and 31mm)
- Battery and mains power operated
The biggest downfall with the pump seemed to be the low quality of the collection kit. You may be able to adapt some standard size bottles to fit, or decant into feeding bottles after a session. Another tip is to make sure you don’t lose the instruction manual as it is not available to download online.
2. Medela Swing Maxi
The Medela Swing is the bestselling breast pump in the UK. To the delight of a lot of mums, Medela released their super size Swing Maxi in late 2012. The swing maxi has breastfeeding physiology mastered with its two phase suction to mimic the rhythm of a baby at the breast. It’s very easy to use and comes with very few part to assemble or clean. We think it’s a little pricey, but Medela quality speaks for itself.
- Two phase pumping: stimulation and expression
- Small and compact easy to use with a hands free pump bra
- Increases milk supply by 18% compared to the single Swing
- 5 breast shield sizes available for comfort
- Battery and Mains powered
- Very easy to clean and assemble
Our biggest flat with the Swing has always been that it’s an open system breast pump, making it single user only. That means you should never buy one second hand or sell it on after you use.
Read Now: The Best Breast Pumps in The UK
3. Ameda Lactaline Personal Dual
If you need a double pump for pumping up to twice a day, then consider the Ameda Lactaline. This is a great performing double pump at a great price, as you can usually find this for under £100. It comes with great comfort features including adjustable suction strength and speed, as well a range of breast shields to fit both smaller and larger breasts. Its basic but it does a great job.
- Closed System pump
- Easy turn dial suction adjustment
- Custom Fit Breast Shield sizes available
- Cycle rate of up to 60 cycles per minute which closely mimics baby
- Very affordable price
- Light at portable at only 500g
It was difficult to find fault with this pump, if used for fairly frequent pumping it does its job well. You will need to buy feeding bottles with the breast pump as the pump only comes with collection bottles and no teats to feed baby.
4. Spectra S1
The Spectra S1 is a great priced home use hospital grade breast pump. There is a huge Spectra range, but the S1 is the best and comes with some fantastic features. This pump is the best option if you need a breast pump for heavy use, such a multiple babies or exclusive pumping. Using this pump can help you to avoid baby receiving formula top ups and maintain your milk supply when you or baby are have feeding problems.
- Affordable hospital grade breast pump
- Quiet motor and backlight for pumping over night
- Adjustable suction 0-300 mmHg and 30-46 cycles/minute
- Lightweight and portable with handle
- Rechargeable battery can work on full charge for 1hr
- Very easy to clean and assemble
- Massage mode
This is another double pump which doesn’t perform too well on the bottle front. The collection bottles are rather cheap and you’ll need to buy extra feeding bottles. Amazon often have this pump at big discounts so if you get at a great price, the bottles won’t be a deal breaker.
5. Lansinoh 2-in-1 Affinity Pro
The 2-in-1 Affinity Pro breast pump is proof of why Lansinoh know their stuff when it comes to quality breastfeeding products. This pump is highly recommended by breastfeeding specialists as it can be tailored to your pumping needs to get the most milk possible during a pump session. It’s really easy to use, and one of the most modern looking pumps with the easy to read LCD screen. If you’re a working mum or travel a lot, there is a car adapter available for using in the car.
- Hygienic design closed system design
- Easy to assemble, use and clean
- Adjustable suction speed and strength
- Express around 5-8oz in 10-20 minutes with a powerful suction range of 55-220 mmHg
- Mains and battery operated plus car adapter available
The biggest complaint about this pump was that the suction isn’t strong enough for some mums. If you have quite sensitive breasts then the pump will work well. If you need a stronger suction strength we recommend the Spectra S1 for efficiency.
Benefits of Double Pumping
Pin For Later